How to Jailbreak Amazon FireStick
In this guide, you will learn how to jailbreak Amazon FireStick and achieve the ability to install streaming apps for free movies, TV shows, Live TV, Sports and a lot more. The jailbreak method demonstrated here works on FireStick 4K, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube.
Amazon FireStick is an incredibly popular streaming device. This simple yet feature-rich device is a low-cost solution to convert any regular TV with HDMI compatibility into a smart TV. FireStick lets you stream content from a variety of online media and entertainment services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Videos, Hulu, Hotstar, and several TV Networks.
All the aforementioned apps are available at the Amazon app marketplace, within the device, but there is a major drawback: You must pay a subscription fee in order to watch content through these entertainment services. And, their subscriptions aren’t cheap; they can burn a big hole in your pocket.
This is where FireStick jailbreak method comes into the picture. Jailbreaking allows you to get third-party streaming apps that give you free access to all your favorite movies, shows, live TV channels, sports and more. And, yes! jailbreaking a FireStick is totally legal. You have bought the device, you own it and you can do with it whatever you like. However, if you stream pirated content on it, it would be illegal and hence a problem.
Disclaimer: We do not encourage or promote streaming copyrighted content. Please be a good judge of your actions.
Before getting started with the jailbreak process you might want take a look at the EZ Fire TV Firestick Setup Guide do the complete the initial steps to get the device connected and running.
Step-by-step Jailbreak Process
1. Select Settings on the FireStick home-screen using your remote (the menu bar option on the far right on the top)
2. Click Preferences
3. When you see the following options, click Privacy Settings
4. You should now see the two options – Device Usage Data and Collect App Usage Data. Turn OFF both these options
5. Now click the back button your FireStick remote just once to go back to the previous screen, then click Data Monitoring
6. Click Data Monitoring again and turn it OFF (if it is ON)
7. Now click the back button your FireStick remote twice to go back to the settings screen, now select and click My Fire TV (or Device on FireSticks with older software)
8. Open Developer Options on the next screen
9. Now simply enable or switch ON: ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources
10. Click Turn on when prompted
This is all you need to do to complete your FireStick for the jailbreak process. From here, your firestick is ready allow the install of all kinds of content streaming apps like Kodi, Cinema, IPTV Clients and many others.
Installing streaming apps on Firestick
Now that you jailbroken your firestick, it is time to get all those special apps loaded on the device and get streaming. Below you will find links to tutorials to many of the most popular apps.
What are you waiting for, go!
Kodi does not come pre-installed and it cannot be directly installed on FireStick, therefore a third-party application is required to install Kodi on FireStick. The complete installation procedure of Kodi on FireStick can be found by clicking on the tutorial below.
Warning FireStick Users: Read before continuing
All governments and ISPs everywhere monitor their users’ online activities. If you are found streaming copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick, it can land you in serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I very strongly recommend you to get a good FireStick VPN and hide your identity so that your movie viewing experience doesn’t take a bad turn.
I use IPVanish which is the fastest and most secure VPN in the industry. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon Fire TV Stick. IPVanish also has a special deal where you can save over 40% on many of their plans.